Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Skin Sensitivity and Allergies

Hello Everyone,

As a redhead, sensitive skin has always been my unwanted friend. It was either manageable as a kid or I don't remember it. As I got older, certain products began to irritate my skin. There was even a point that certain detergents from washing my clothes were an irritation. It has come to the point that most of what I put on my skin has to be hypoallergenic. Even then, I am weary of trying something new because I do not know the affect it will have on my skin. This can be annoying when trying to find a product to use during a breakout.

What I have found is that there is a few products that help me. This is not an ad, this is just me sharing my trials and errors. I have found that Simple products work really well for me with no irritations. Using their make-up wipes alone have helped clear my skin, just from wiping off my make up. Their Foam Cleanser has also been a big help with breakouts. Though one variation of their wipes is a bit too harsh on my skin. When it comes to skin care, it is all about what works for you. The questions you should ask yourself: Is it working? Does it feel good on my skin? It is all about you in this case.

I even had to change the types of body washes and soaps I was using. I tried many different brands before the I discovered St. Ives. I have been using the Oatmeal and Shea Butter one and it has done wonders for my skin. Not only does it feel softer, but there are no breakouts or irritations anymore.At least when it comes to soaps. Lastly, my make-up choices have started to change because of my skin situation; and my forever favorite products are no longer available to me because of this.

Who do I have to blame for this? According to my mother, my grandmother is all to blame. She had the same sensitivity issues that grew with her as she got older.  Those genes being passed on to me and now my sister has begun to develop the same issues.

So if you have an skin sensitivity and would like to share a product, feel free? If any products strike me, I'll post about them here. So, what are you using?

No comments:

Post a Comment