Thursday, June 12, 2014

Favorite Summer Nail Color



So it is almost officially summertime though for me school has been out since May. The weather is finally starting to warm up except the weird random cold days, which usually is accompanied by rain. Yet it allows me to shift my color palette to summer inspired colors. By palette, I usually mean my nails. I have a serious nail polish problem that is worse than my music problem. Don’t believe me, here’s a picture:

That is not even all of them and it continuously grows. I seriously look at nail polish and ask myself if I have this shade or one quite similar. It is a hard bargain with myself...yesterday I put back two. Last summer my favorite shade was a toss-up between Bikini so Teeny and Tart Deco by Essie. One a very light yet vibrant blue and the other a bright orange pink. Essie released their neon collection and I waited about two months for it too finally appear in my area. If you like nail polish as much as me, you know how hard a wait that was. Especially when it took another week for them restock it.
My favorite…I’m addicted. A bright vibrant blue that just calls out to you. 

 My color palette is contains quite a bit of blues. Mostly because I feel it compliments my skin tone and hair color quite well. Blue-violet is my total clothes power color. So blue clothes and blue on my nails is not that far-fetched. I personally love this color, it’s this blue that just reminds you of the ocean. Summer to me has to involve at least one beach trip…no matter if I usually get sunburn at least once. Even if you don’t normally wear the bright colors; this one is perfectly acceptable. It is a nice pop of color to brighten any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment