Sunday, January 4, 2015

2014 Favorites: One





Drugstore Makeup Favorites of 2014:


So I thought I would start this series of favorites with my drugstore/Target favorites from 2014. I am a college student with a part time job so all of these things have been bought sporadically throughout the year. When I can afford to spend some extra money I'll splurge a little. In my make up collection, I do have a few expensive items, but those I saved, bought, and then agonized over the price of the purchase. These though are the exact opposite and have become my favorite makeup essentials. 
Starting with foundation, I have been using Revlon Nearly Naked in the shade Ivory. You can pick this up at Target for about $8. I spent quite a bit of time searching around for a new foundation and trying them out. I decided to pick this one up and I have been loving it ever since. It has a nice creamy texture and has great coverage. As a redhead I am pale as ever and this foundation fits quite nicely with my skin tone. As for concealer, I have been using the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer ($6). in the shades fair and light. I quite enjoy how this covers my blemishes and dark circles without using too much of it. The blush I have been using is NYX's Rose Garden ($5), which is a nice shimmery pink color. 


Moving to the eyes, I have been really enjoying Maybelline’s Color Tattoos in Bad to the Bronze and Barely Branded ($5.29). I bought these a long time ago, but keep coming back to them. They can be good for if you are in a rush and want something on your eyelids, or it can just be a base. Barely Brand being a nice creamy color and Bad to the Bronze a nice bronze shade. I have also been loving the Nudes eye shadow palette from Maybelline. I am the type of person to where nude shades more often than not, so this was a great splurge purchase of $10. I often pair the color tattoos with shades from this palette. As for eyeliner, I have been loving the Maybelline Master Precise($5.99) in the color black. I enjoy how this just glides right on and using this is easy. As for mascara it is a toss-up between Maybelline’s Rocket and Colossal Volume Express Cat Eyes ($5).

Lastly, are my favorite lip products. The first is a Rimmel by Kate lipstick in the 107 shade ($5). It is a nice dark red color that I love to use to dramatize my make up. The next is the Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain in Parisian Passion ($8) which is a lovely plum color. The last which is not pictured is the Maybelline Color Whisper in Petal Rebel ($6) which is a nice pink shade.

These have been my favorite make up products that I have used in 2014 and, will probably continue to use for much longer. They can all be found in your local drugstore or at a Target where I tend to buy much of this. They are not that expensive and work just as great as some of the high end products. I hope that if someone is looking for something like I have listed that this post helps them in someway, or you have an alternative to share would be lovely.




No comments:

Post a Comment